Saturday 10 December 2011

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times

Ohio State's loss last night in the NCAA basketball championship continues quite a dubious streak for me as a fan. Last fall, my favorite baseball team, the Tigers, lost the World Series. Then Ohio State lost the NCAA BCS championship in football. Then my favorite NFL team, the Bears, lost the Super Bowl. And now the Buckeyes lose in basketball. Better to get there and lose than to not get there at all, I suppose (and the Bears and Tigers took a long time getting there). Fortunately, it's baseball season again so I can put the Buckeyes' loss to one side. At my house it's also softball season, since my daughter's playing softball. The last couple of days we've been playing catch in the backyard to practice. As I tell her, if you can catch a wrench, you can catch a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment